FIRE+ Board Meeting – By invitation
The meeting was co-located with the ICT Proposers’ Day 2016.
VENUE: Radisson BLU Carlton Hotel, Hviezdoslavovo námestie 185/3, Bratislava, Slovakia.
The objective of this meeting was to bring together representatives of ongoing FIRE projects of the Next Generation Internet – NGI – and related units (5G, IoT) within the Future Networks Directorate, to mainly decide about the future of the FIRE Board.
The meeting was articulated around the following key subjects:
– Review what has been done by the FIRE Board in the last year
– Discuss the relevance of the activities both done and planned
– Decide about the future of the FIRE Board, existence, constituency, working modalities, etc.
– Discuss the options and their feasibility in light of the NGI presentation.
– Converge to an agreement on future FIRE Board modalities and whether it shall continue
The meeting was moderated and chaired by Martin Serrano, Insight Centre.
All presentations are available in one file: FIRE Board 09/2016.
The FIRE Board meeting minutes: FIRE Board 09/2016 minutes.
|09.15-09.30||Welcome and introduction by Monique Calisti, FIRE STUDY coordinator and Martin Serrano, FIRE Board Chair
* Roundtable presentations (ALL)
* Summary of 2016 Activities
|09.30-10.00||Positioning of FIRE within the NGI Unit, by Monique Calisti, FIRE STUDY
* The NGI vision/unit
* The role and responsibilities of the FIRE STUDY by Monique Calisti, FIRE STUDY
|10.00-11.00||Continuation of the FIRE Board activities: options for discussion, by Martin Serrano and Géraldine Quetin, FIRE STUDY
* Interactive session with a few slides presenting the FIRE Board constituency
|11.00-11.30||Continuation of the FIRE DWG – modalities and range of activities, by Timo Lahnalampi, FIRE STUDY
* Interactive session with a few slides presenting the FIRE DWG activities
|11.30-11.45||Establishment of the FIRE Technical Groups – modalities and range of activities|
|11.45-12.00||The way ahead and next meeting points, by Monique Calisti, FIRE STUDY and new Chair of the Board
Conclusions and final comments (ALL)
Closure, by Monique Calisti, FIRE STUDY
Related event: FIRE Forum 2016.
The previous (April 2016) FIRE+ Board meeting minutes and presentations are available here.