The 2nd RAWFIE Open Call for recipients of financial support
RAWFIE considers three kinds of vehicles;
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs),
- Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USVs), and
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
The objective of the 2nd RAWFIE Open Call is twofold: first, to enhance certain parts and characteristics of the federated infrastructure in terms of UxV devices (RAWFIE-OC2-EXT-UGV, RAWFIE-OC2-EXT-UAV); second, to support cross-domain or domain-specific real-world applications and experiments (RAWFIE-OC2-EXP-SCI, RAWFIE-OC2-EXP-SME).
The types of activities that qualify for receiving financial support are the following:
- UGVs Extension: Addition & customization of Unmanned Ground Vehicles (RAWFIE-OC2-EXT-UGV) – no feasibility check is needed
- UAVs Extension: Addition & customization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (RAWFIE-OC2-EXT-UAV) – no feasibility check is needed
- Scientific Excellence (RAWFIE-OC2-EXP-SCI) – feasibility check is needed
- Innovation by SMEs (RAWFIE-OC2-EXP-SME) – feasibility check is needed
The basic idea behind the RAWFIE effort is the automated, remote operation of a large number of robotic devices for the purpose of assessing the performance of different technologies in the networking, sensing and mobile/autonomic application domains. The project aims to feature a significant number of UxV nodes in order to establish an extended test infrastructure for RAWFIE related experimentation purposes. All these items will be managed by a central controlling entity which will be programmed per case and fully overview/drive the operation of the respective mechanisms (e.g., auto-pilots, remote controlled ground vehicles). Internet connectivity will be extended to the mobile units to enable remote programming (over-the-air), control and data collection.
- Project acronym: RAWFIE
- Project grant agreement number: 645220
- Project full name: Road-, Air-, Water-based Future Internet Experimentation
- Deadline (for all four types of activities): 19 March 2017, at 17:00 CET (Brussels local time)
- Feasibility check deadline (only for Experimentation activities RAWFIE-OC2-EXP-SCI, RAWFIE-OC2-EXP-SME): 19 February, at 17:00 CET (Brussels local time)
- Expected duration of participation: 18 months for RAWFIE-OC2-EXT (starting from July, 2017 to December, 2018) and 12 months for RAWFIE-OC2-EXP (starting from October, 2017 to September, 2018)
- Maximum amount of financial support for each proposal: € 150 000 for RAWFIE-OC2-EXT-UGV and RAWFIE-OC2-EXT-UAV, € 100 000 for RAWFIE-OC2-EXP-SCI, € 75 000 for RAWFIE-OC2-EXP-SME
- Call identifier: RAWFIE-OC2 call
- Language in which proposal should be submitted: English