Find the most appropriate TESTBED for your EXPERIMENTATION – EaaS!
In the context of the Next Generation Internet initiative (NGI), the XiPi+ testbed repository enables Experimentation-as-a-Service (EaaS) functionality. With that, XiPi+ provides a communication bridge between experimenters and infrastructure owners in order to create an interaction workflow between the two stakeholders to cover:
- Searching an infrastructure, and
- Setting up an experiment.
Experimenters can search for relevant infrastructures for their experiment by expressing requirements: they can define the services they need with the help of an interactive form.
- Matchmaking between infrastructure owners and experimenters.
- Offering a repository of ICT infrastructures.
- Adding (updating) and describing new ICT infrastructure(s).
- User friendly tool – finding & recommending a testbed for your experimentation:
1. Express requirements for services needed for your experiment.
2. Get a list of recommended infrastructures fitting to your needs.
3. Select one/more infrastructures and save your preferences/requirements.
4. Request a time-slot / Contact the infrastructure owner.
XiPi+ stakeholder benefits
For infrastructure owners:
- Describe in a uniform way infrastructure(s) (based on a Common Description Framework).
- Advertise infrastructure among experimenters / developers that would like to use it.
- Search through the infrastructures registered in the repository (currently >200).
- Find the right infrastructure for experiments and contact the infrastructure owners for arranging the experimental activities – enabling Experimentation-as-a-Service (EaaS).