SoftFIRE’s first Open Call results published
The first SoftFIRE Open Call closed on September 20th, 2016. The SoftFIRE project received 26 (eligible proposals) of which
– 9 proposals addressed Objective 1;
– 8 proposals addressed Objective 2; and
– 9 project both Objectives.
Proposers came 50% from academia (Universities and Research Institutes) and 50% from enterprises (SMEs, industry) originating from following countries (in alphabetical order): Cyprus, Finland, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, Serbia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.
The total requested funding was EUR 1.262.457, an oversubscription factor of 2.5.
Although the quality of most proposals was good to very good, during the thorough evaluation process only 6 proposals surpassed the threshold in all criteria and were therefore selected:
- National Center of Scientific Research “Demokritos” (GR): Extension of the Federated Platform with NFV/SDN-compatible Emulator of Satellite Communication systems
- Politecnico di Torino, Dept. of Computer and Control Engineering (IT): Network Functions Virtualization at the Edge of the Network
- University of Nis, Faculty of Electronic Engineering (Serbia): SEmantics driven Code GENEration for 5G networking experimentation
- Fujitsu Labs of Europe (UK): A real-time edge tracking service for video analytics-based applications
- Level7 s.r.l.u (IT): Managing Attacks from Remote Sources
Objectives 1 and 2:
- Gridnet S.A. (GR): Softfire OffLoadIng
Find more information on the SoftFIRE web.