In the context of the Next Generation Internet initiative (NGI), on this XiPi+ webpage you can find all FIRE (and beyond) testing facilities/infrastructures that are accessible for any company/academy. You can access number of leading edge testing equipment and infrastructures for Federation, Data Management, Internet of Things, Smart Cities and Networking.
- Matchmaking between infrastructure owners and experimenters.
- Offering a repository of ICT infrastructures.
- Adding (updating) and describing new ICT infrastructure(s).
- User friendly tool – finding & recommending a testbed for your experimentation:
1. Express requirements for services needed for your experiment.
2. Get a list of recommended infrastructures fitting to your needs.
3. Select one/more infrastructures and save your preferences/requirements.
4. Request a time-slot / Contact the infrastructure owner.
XiPi+ stakeholder benefits
For infrastructure owners:
- Describe in a uniform way infrastructure(s) (based on a Common Description Framework).
- Advertise infrastructure among experimenters / developers that would like to use it.
- Search through the infrastructures registered in the repository (currently >200).
- Find the right infrastructure for experiments and contact the infrastructure owners for arranging the experimental activities – enabling Experimentation-as-a-Service (EaaS).